Type of Visas & Requirements
- Visitors, Tourists and Transit Visas
- Letter of invitation accepting immigration responsibility or evidence of financial support while in Nigeria from individual Nigerians or Nigerian organizations.
- Applicants for transit visas must submit copies of their onward tickets and visas to their destinations.
- Children must submit copies of their birth certificates showing names of their parents.
- Children of Nigerian parents must submit copies of the information page of both parents’ passport, and letter of consent from both parents.
- Tourist must submit copies of their certified hotel reservation statements.
- Resident aliens inviting friends must submit copies of their resident permits and the information page of their passports.
- Aliens married to Nigerians or invited by Nigerians must submit copies of their hosts’ or spouses’ passports and letters accepting responsibility.
- Temporary Work Permit (TWP)
- Passport with at least 6 months validity
- Printed copy of completed application form for visitors pass
- Two recent passport size photographs
- A cabled copy of Comptroller General of Immigration Service’s approval
- Subject to Regularization (STR)
- Valid passport (at least 6 months to expiration)
- Completed application forms in quadruplicate
- Four recent passport photographs showing full face with white background.
- Four copies of credentials, certificates and curriculum vitae, all vetted by a relevant official of Nigerian High Commission/Embassy (English Certified translated copy where applicable)
- Four certified copies of all credentials, résumé’s and certificates, were applicable.
- Four copies of Letters of employment
- Four copies of Letters of acceptance of offer by expatriate and receipt of on-line payment of Visa fee
- All of the above should be submitted in four sets, not separately.
Applying for VISA
Entry Visa/Free zone Guidelines:
- Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal – there should be a hyperlink that leads to the portal.
- Locate & click on the appropriate application form to start the process:
- Entry Visa/Free zone Application Form
- Fill the Application form; check the ‘ I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM ‘ check box.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’
- Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
- Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button
**For Payment Outside of Nigeria
If you select a processing country other than Nigeria, your payment will be in US Dollars. You will be re-directed to an approved payment platform to complete your application and make your payment in US Dollars.
- Please take your visa payment receipts, passport and other documents to the Nigerian Embassy in your Country of abode on your slated interview date for your Visa.
- Please note that you can reschedule your interview date to the next available date by sending your Application id, Reference no and the proposed date to our support mail address email@example.com
Transfers and Leaving Covenant University
Contact Covenant University Academic Affairs – make it a link so that they can click and immediately access the Covenant University Academic Affairs page
Change of Address
Contact Covenant University Registrar Office – same with the above